Fashion is Subjective

One thing that I really loathe is the fact that some people believe that what is seen on a Paris Fashion Week runway is the only acceptable form of fashion. If it is not name brand or expensive or "high fashion", it doesn't really matter. I'm not saying that I don't appreciate the wild designs and totally unrealistic-for-everyday-life looks that are seen on the more than skinny models, because that would be a lie. But for young women like myself who are college students and work regular jobs, it would be ridiculous to be seen wearing something like this on an everyday basis.

For me, I think that what makes fashion so magical and exciting is the fact that it is subjective to each individual. Not everyone is going to like what I wear or how I wear it, but as long as I am confident and comfortable in my clothes no one else's opinion is relevant. I love dressing up and looking my best and I am a firm believer in the motto: "Dress where you want to be." For me, that means looking as close to business casual as I possibly can. But that doesn't mean that I am always going to look like I came straight out of the office. My sense of style changes almost daily. There is no such thing as a particular category of dressing such as preppy, gothic, sporty, etc. for me. But that's what makes fashion so thrilling, isn't it? Not knowing where you want to go with it or who you want to be that day, but knowing that the possibilities are endless. 

I hope that through my posts and takes on my opinion on fashion, you can learn to not adopt my sense but develop your own. I am really excited to start this journey with you guys and I hope you enjoy! 

Smooches,
The College Natural




No comments