Day 8: Homesick

Today was kind of a rough one for me. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love it here, but I would kind of love to go back home right about now. I don't want to seem ungrateful for this opportunity because it is an amazing one that not that many people get to experience. It's just homesickness and probably a little bit of culture shock as well. A lot of people experience this so I know it's normal but I'm just having a hard time with it right now.

I've been feeling really sad for no reason and having a hard time getting out of bed after class. I'm just not feeling like myself at all. I hope that I'm just stuck in a rut and I will start to feel better soon but right now it's not looking like that's going to happen. It just really solidifies that I cannot live far away from home no matter how much I think I want to. I'm good for about one week and then reality sets in. 

For now, I'm really enjoying eating gelato every single day. And I'm loving the scenery. I just need to get out more and find different things to do so that I won't have time to think about how much I miss Chik Fil A and driving. Tomorrow my class is taking a field trip to Cinque Terra, which is a beautiful little town on the coast. Hopefully the change of scenery will boost my mood and inspire me to start appreciating everything a little bit more. 

Speaking of Cinque Terra, I have to wake up at 5 a.m. to make sure I catch the train on time so I'm about to hit the sack early tonight. 

Smooches,
The College Natural 

7 comments

  1. Sorry to hear this T! But like you said, its normal! You'll adjust and be able to absorb all the beauty and experiences around you! Trust me, thetes nothing here in the states that won't be here when you get back, including chik fil a and lola! xoxo have fun on your field trip tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha last night I was definitely being extra dramatic. I was definitely sad but today made up for it! Thank you J <3

      Delete
  2. It is normal to be homesick especially because you are so far away from home. Don't fret! It will be time to come home before you know it.. I am sorry you are sad pooh!!!! Try to do something that makes your heart happy..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. That's funny because I did end up eating gelato twice haha. But thank you. Love you!

      Delete