Day 5: Dejá Vu

This post is going to be really short because as the title suggests, we did pretty much the same exact thing that we did yesterday. In the morning we did have an orientation at FUA [Florence University of the Arts] where we will be taking our classes for the next few weeks. We learned a lot about the university and more basic information about Florence.

After orientation we ate breakfast at a cafe across from FUA and went hunting for the 99 cent store to find basic school supplies. It took us awhile to find the store - like it takes us forever to find everything- but once we found it and got what we needed we were on our way.

Later in the day Monique and I went on a guided walking tour of Florence. I finally came to the conclusion that I'm not a huge fan of tours. Or walking. The first one isn't a big deal but the second one is a huge issue because we have to walk everywhere here. It was really hot today too so that just made it ten times worse than it should have been. I saw a lot of cool places I would like to visit before I leave but my knees and legs were killing me by the time it was all over.

Just like last night we went to the same restaurant but this time we had free wine because we got our student ids in orientation. Between the five of us we drank three bottles of wine and had the best conversation ever. Afterwards we went to the same gelato place from last night and ate gelato and listened to music by the river. I realized how much I love my roommates already. I like how no matter which one of us is with the other, we can all get along somehow. There is never any awkwardness. We came to the conclusion that we got extremely lucky by getting matched up with each other. I don't think it was just the wine talking either.

Today I also spent a lot of time editing my montage of our weekend in Rome. It wouldn't upload onto YouTube but I'm going to try to attach it below and hopefully it will work. This is the very first time I've ever edited a video and frankly I'm pretty proud of it. I hope you enjoy it.

Smooches,
The College Natural


2 comments