Fitspiration

Confession: I literally have not been to the gym in almost two weeks. Oopsies! But I solemnly swear that I will commence my 5:45 a.m. workouts tomorrow morning (hopefully). Lately, I have just been lacking the motivation and energy to get off my lazy booty and drive to the gym. I know that I'm not the only person who sometimes has no motivation at all. So I'm going to share some tips with you guys that will hopefully be inspiration to your fitness journey -- Fitspiration!


  • Cute workout clothes: Anything involving a cute outfit just makes me want to get up and get moving. So why not throw on cute workout clothes and get moving in the gym? My favorite place to shop for workout clothes is definitely Old Navy because they are cute AND cheap.
  • The Internet: You will not believe the amount of people online just like you and me who are also trying to get in shape and feel better about themselves. Following Fitspiration pages on Instagram are great because they love to show before and after pictures of people as well as give great ideas on good workouts and healthy meal choices. Another good place for workouts and recipes is YouTube. Two of my favorite channels are Blogilates and BreeLovesBeauty
My favorite Instagram page for fitspiration.

  • Friends: The more the merrier couldn't be truer when it comes to working out. Why struggle and be in pain alone when you can do it with friends? They will feel your pain... Literally!
  • Join a Gym: For some people this may not be a possibility, but joining a gym has definitely given me motivation to actually workout. When I really don't feel like going, or haven't in a while, I always remind myself that I am wasting my hard-earned money. Most gyms also offer free classes like Zumba!
  • Quotes: If there is one thing that keeps me motivated it is a good quote. Pinterest is literally the perfect place to find fitspiration. There are tons of quotes and pictures that get me pumped to get in the gym.
  • Think ahead: Remember why you are doing this and where you want to be. Yeah it sucks now breaking your back. And yeah you aren't seeing results as fast as you want. But you will see results if you just keep on pushing. Think futuristically (not a word) and make that future your present. 
These are just a few things that help inspire me to continue my fit journey. Remember, getting healthy is a lifestyle choice so in order to see actual results you have to make it a huge part of your life. Trust me, when you're running laps around the fellow grandparents glued to wheelchairs, you will be very appreciative of your younger self. Hope this helps!

Smooches,
The College Natural 

P.S. I would LOVE to get requests/feedback about my posts so far and what you would like to see more of so please leave comments and let me know! Thanks lovelies. 

No comments