Day 13: Ringing

Continuous ringing in the ears is called tinnitus. Last night we spontaneously decided to go to a club called Yab which is literally a three minute walk from our apartment. At first it was kind of lame but then as time went on and more people came, they started playing better music. All American music of course. Apparently American music rules the world. We ended up basically in the DJ's booth and of course the music was pumping ridiculously loud there. When we left, my ears were ringing extremely bad... And almost 24 hours later they still haven't stopped. I'm adjusting to it but at the same time, I'm really over this continuous noise in my head. Some people have tinnitus where it literally never goes away. I hope once I get some sleep it will go away because I cannot live my life like this.

Today was another basic day. I went to class this morning, then went to the Conad to get some groceries for the week. I also stopped by the ISA office so I could speak to someone about our stove not working. Luckily, our stove does work. We were just using it wrong of course. All that matters is that we can use it now. I cooked a delicious meal tonight. It was frozen and I couldn't read the directions on the bag but I winged it and it turned out pretty great.

After I ate, Valeria and Monique and I went on a hunt for kebabs. We found this Turkish restaurant that sold them and they were oh so amazing. Even though I had just eaten dinner, I still ate a kabab and I had zero regrets. Then we went to a gelato place near the duomo. I got the melon and strawberry flavors for 2.5 euros. I tried to give the man a 10 euro bill but he wouldn't take it and I had no change. So here I am holding up a line out of the store because I don't have anything smaller than a 10 for my gelato that I've been waiting all week to try. Luckily Monique just paid for mine and I'll pay her back later.

Now I'm back in the apartment, ears still ringing. I'm getting progressively more annoyed with this sound because it's quiet in here so I'll probably put my headphones on and listen to some music until I doze off. Let's just cross our fingers this noise is gone in the morning.

Smooches,
The College Natural

Our view of the Duomo while eating gelato. 

BEYONCE WAS IN FLORENCE!! NO I DIDN'T TAKE THIS PICTURE BUT I'M CRYING BECAUSE I DIDN'T GET TO SEE HER.

They're also shooting a movie here? Photo creds to Veronica for taking this picture of me. 

2 comments

  1. I pray the hearing problem resolves itself. Rest beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately it hasn't. Looks like I'm suffering from a bit of hearing loss (having too much fun).

      Delete