Life Update: I'm Alive!

Hey guys! Guess what?!? The College Natural is still alive. I have just been extra busy with school and work and life in general (sounds so familiar doesn't it?) It's been almost two months since I've last posted and these months have been overstuffed with all kinds of fun and not-so-fun things. So here's a list of what I've been doing...

  1. I started my Senior Year of college! I don't think it's sunk in yet that I am finally almost done. I'm also closer to beginning my journey as a Teach for America Corps Member. My actual class schedule is probably the easiest it's been my entire time in school which is great. But when one load lightens, another one gets heavier. 
  2. I am writing a THESIS. I had to capitalize it so that you can get a sense for how important and slightly overwhelming this task is. Long story short, I'm having to write a 35-80 page research paper in order to graduate in May with dual honors. So I'm doing the job of a grad student as an undergrad. Yes I did have a temporary lapse in judgment and signed myself up for this misery. But it's really not all that bad and I'm gaining valuable experience in case I ever decide to go back to graduate school. 
  3. My exercise game (just like my blogging game) has seriously taken a turn for the worst. I'm slowly but surely making my way back to the Bikini Body Guide. I'll get there one of these days.
  4. I'm working A LOT. Really only 20 hours a week but it feels more like 40. I have been given new responsibility in both of my on-campus jobs and although I really appreciate the faith that my supervisors have in me, it's stressful. I actually had an anxiety attack the first week of school (go figure) just thinking about it all. However, as time passes and I get more used to the idea I'm starting to get less dramatic and more accepting of it. 
  5. I cut my hair! I was really wanting a change to my look so I chopped my hair into a tapered cut. At first I was weary but I have grown to not only like it but to love it as well. Next up... A nose ring!! (Sorry mom and dad)


  6. Last but definitely not least.... I'm a mommy. No, not to a human. I adopted a dog!! I started fostering my feisty Chihuahua and Jack Russell Terrier mix on August 22. The poor little guy has heart worms so I wasn't allowed to officially adopt him until this past Thursday, September 17. We have had a lot of struggles including him attacking a German Shepherd (no injuries thank God) and hating my roommates but we have developed an inseparable bond so we are working through the kinks. 


So those are all of the updates that I have for you guys. Who knows when I will be posting again. But until then....

Smooches,
The College Natural 

No comments