Why Having An Agenda Is The Best Thing You Can Do For Yourself

Some people use their cellphones to schedule appointments and keep their lives on track. I use a cold, hard agenda. To me, being able to physically write things down and see it on paper resonates with me a whole lot more than typing something into my iPhone 6s. Everybody has their own preferences, but I stand beside my belief that an actual agenda is the best thing that you can do for yourself as a person.

Agendas hold you accountable. It's a proven fact that writing something down increases your chances of remembering it. Having an agenda guarantees that you'll handwrite your appointment or your date and have zero excuses if you "forget" about it.

They're really pretty. If nothing else, agendas are extremely pretty. Just looking at pretty decorative pages hypes me up to get colorful pens and write down even unnecessary things in my planner.

Productivity will be at its highest. When you have things written down in your agenda, you are more likely to get them done. Most agendas come with extra lines on the pages that allow for you to create your own To-Do lists. There is nothing more satisfying than crossing things off a list and knowing that your load is just a little bit lighter.

When everything is going right in your life, you will be a lot happier. Having things organized and planned out makes your life go a whole lot smoother. I don't know about you, but when my life isn't in a constant state of chaos I am the happiest person in the world.

Other people will like you more. No, you don't need the approval of those around you. But when you are at appointments on time, don't stand people up, and are happier you will get positive feedback from those around you. Trust me, this is true.

Below are a few of my favorite brands of agendas. From the cheaper to the more expensive, these are all high quality planners that you're sure to enjoy!

Leave your suggestions of great agendas that you've tried in the comments below! 

Kate Spade

Day Designer



Erin Condren

Target
Lily Pulitzer


No comments