How To Have A Productive Sick Day




The leaves are falling, the wind is blowing... Winter is in the air. And so are germs. This is the season for getting, giving, and spreading germs. As I lay in bed at 3 p.m. for the first time on my sick day, I can't help but think how much more productive I was than I am on any day off I have had in a while. I have done so much (besides just being sick) and I don't feel one ounce of guilt about it. If there is one thing that I am immune to, it's a lazy day. I just can't have a day where I do absolutely nothing. So if you're like me, continue reading on how you can be productive even while coughing, sneezing, and blowing your nose.




Clean. This is not only important for your sanity, but also if you have roommates or children who frequent your home. Those germs that you are carrying are likely in every nook and cranny of the space that you occupy. Go ahead and clean those areas while you spend your day getting better. The last thing you want is your loved ones catching the bug!

Doctor. Obviously if you are sick, you better have that doctor appointment scheduled. Go see your primary care physician or if they're all booked up go to a CVS Minute Clinic. I tried one today and it was amazing. I was in and out of there in 30 minutes -- no appointment needed!

Emails. If you physically cannot get out of bed, these last three are especially for you because there is no effort required. I hate, hate, hate a junky email inbox. So on my sick days, I go through and delete all of the emails that I don't need or are just spam. Computer too far away? Don't worry, you can do all of this on your handy dandy cell phone! While you're at it, you might as well respond to a few too.

Shop. This is the perfect time to do some online Christmas shopping. Make a list of the people you are shopping for and what you want to get them, then go to town (not literally). These are the months where you are sure to score crazy good deals. Go ahead and get that out of the way so that you're not fighting the crowds on Christmas Eve.

Plan. What do you need to do tomorrow when your sick day is over? Make that plan so that you're not playing catch up at work or school. You don't have to actually do any of the work, just get your head in the zone ahead of time. BUT if you are up to it, go ahead and get the small tasks out of the way. I'm sure it wouldn't hurt. But if it does, don't say you got the idea from me. 😊


            

If you have anything that you do to stay productive on your sick days, leave it in the comment below! 

No comments