Day 2: Walking

If I could lay down for the rest of my life I would be content. Today consisted of a ton of walking. Was it worth it though? Yes it definitely was. We visited the Colosseum, Trevi Fountain, the Vatican Museums, and the Basilica today. To say that the heart of Rome is beautiful would be a gross understatement. It is simply breathtaking. There are tons of people and it looks like it came straight out of a magazine or from a Google search. The only thing that sucked was that the fountain was under construction. I swear my Lizzie McGuire vibe was instantly killed.

The Colosseum was huge. Our tour guide also gave us a lot of interesting information. Did you know that arenas are called arenas because in Italian the word arena means sand and of course arenas are covered in sand. Also gladiators were mostly people who sold their body to a gladiator school because they were in debt. I got the best picture of the colosseum and of course I edited it to enhance its features. 

Probably my least favorite part of the day was visiting the Vatican museums. By this point we had been walking since 9 a.m. and I was so over it. It was beautiful for sure but I was dehydrated, tired, and I had to use the bathroom. Needless to say, I wasn't feeling it. And then a lady yelled at us in the Sistine Chapel for talking. 

One thing that I've learned is that people here are so rude. But I don't think it's rudeness, it's just the way they communicate. Imagine the most aggressive northerner you can. Now multiply that by 1000. Then you have an Italian. As soon as they realize you aren't fluent in Italian, they lose interest. 

Gelato. Frankie told me I was going to be addicted but I don't think I took her as seriously as I should have. It is SO GOOD. I can literally eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and be content with life. Speaking of the food, I haven't really taken to it yet. It tastes so different. Not nasty, just different. I haven't gotten used to it (and neither has my stomach).the smallest things like orange juice taste completely different. Well if I don't adjust looks like I'm going to be losing a lot of weight. 

Tomorrow we go to Florence where I will be until June 6. I'm so excited to see my apartment and bond more with my roommates. I got lucky in that department. Tonight, for our last night, we're going to enjoy the Roman nightlife one more time before we leave in the morning. I am so exhausted still but this is a once in a lifetime opportunity so I'm going to fight it. Until tomorrow, ciao!

Smooches, 
The College Natural 



No comments