January 2016 Goals


I love to set new goals and new challenges for myself. There is no better feeling than accomplishing things that I never thought I could. Instead of writing out my list of goals for the entire year, I think it's more realistic to take things month by month. That way nothing feels out of reach and everything is attainable. So below you will find the list of goals that I have for January!

Personal
  • Work out at least three times each week: Over the past two years I have definitely let my body fall to the bottom of my priority list. I would love to drop a few pounds and tone up by the end of the year but first I want to start with being consistent in the gym. If I can walk up a flight of stairs without feeling like I'm having a heart attack by February 1st then I will feel a little bit better about myself.
  • Limit fast food to only once per week: Now don't get me wrong, I love me some Chipotle and Cookout. However too much of it obviously isn't doing me any good. Plus it will save me a lot of money. 
  • Meditate every other day: I've downloaded an app called "Stop, Breathe, Think" that I really want to use more. By grounding myself and clearing my mind more often I can hopefully reduce anxiety and panic attacks. 
Academic
  • Stay on top of class readings: I have a horrible habit of waiting until the night before an exam to start reading my books that I spent hundreds of dollars on. Since this is my last semester, it would really be nice to get all A's and be more prepared.
Professional
  • Do more at work: Last semester I was extremely lazy at work. I was going through a lot in my personal life and I let it affect me in my job. I want to stop letting that happen because as a teacher, that would be completely unacceptable.
  • Study for my certification exams: Luckily I passed the General Curriculum exam but was just three points short of passing my Math exam. In a few days I get the results for Foundations of Reading but I still have to take the Math one over again. 
  • Build up my blog following: I would love to make blogging another job for me. It's always been a dream of mine for a lot of people to read my words. This month I want to post at least one blog post per week. 

Leave your January goals or New Year's Resolutions in the comments below! 

No comments