I've Got A Really Big Team

So I've been working out again... I swear if I lost a pound for every time I fell off the wagon, there would be no need for me to ever work out again. But I'm back in the groove of things and this time it feels slightly different. All thanks to my #fitfam and #bbgcommunity.

I've briefly mentioned Kayla Itsines' Bikini Body Guide on this blog the first time I started the program. I gave up on it shortly after for reasons that aren't good enough to even mention. Well, thanks to a new found motivation, I'm back at it (currently about to begin Week 4 of 12). However, there is something slightly different about my eagerness to hit the gym and shed some lbs.

I started an Instagram page dedicated specifically to my fitness journey. I post meals, sweaty selfies, inspirational quotes and really anything else that will motivate myself and others drawn to my page via the countless hashtags I use underneath each picture. But it's not my own page that inspires me to continue with the extremely hard fitness plan that I'm on. It's the strangers that like and comment underneath my pictures.


These strangers have more faith in me than I have in myself. Just a simple "like" inspires me to keep going and a comment really takes it a thousand steps further. It feels great to know that I have a huge support system of people who are going through the same struggles that I am. I can post a picture and get completely candid in the caption about how much I hate working out or how bad I think my body looks and there will be people right there helping pick me back up. It's simply amazing.

Another awesome perk of creating a fitness Instagram page is that you don't have to follow any other accounts but other fitness accounts. That way when you're feeling less than inspired to go to the gym, you can look at pictures and videos of athletic women or men just to get that extra push to get your lazy butt out of bed. (Also huge shoutout to Instagram for making it super easy to switch between accounts!)

If you are on a fitness journey, I strongly encourage you to make a specific social media account and utilize the annoying hashtags. You will be exposed to a whole community of people who are on your team even though they don't know you personally.

Leave in the comments below your fitness Instagram pages so that I can follow you! 


No comments