22 Wishes


So recently I turned 22 years old (wow, I'm old) but overall I'm pretty excited about what this new year has in store for me. I am graduating from college in a couple of days, embarking on a journey as an elementary school teacher, and becoming an almost full fledged adult. There are some things that I am wishing for myself this year and although people say that if you share your wish with others, it won't come true, I think the exact opposite...

1. Start living a healthier lifestyle - Not just physically, but mentally as well
2. Self care and self love is a thing. Don't forget that.
3. Take pictures... Lots and lots of pictures (I'm not going to want to forget a thing)
4. Always, always, always take the plunge into new adventures
5. Grow closer to God, despite the many times that I have strayed from Him
6. Smile more, complain less
7. Cherish each day like it's my last
8. Read more books! Not just books for my classroom but books that will teach me new things AND entertain me
9. Decorate my new apartment to look like something straight off of Pinterest or the cover of Home and Garden
10. Maintain relationships that mean the most to me
11. Give more gifts - I have been blessed with so much, it's time to start giving back
12. On that note... Volunteer my time to local business/charities!
13. Love my students like they are my very own children
14. Squash the notion that my first year of teaching is going to be the worst year of my life
15. Plan trips... And actually go on them!
16. Save more, spend less
17. Remember that if I buy something that's on sale that I wasn't originally going to buy, I am not technically saving money, I'm actually spending it. (shoutout to the meme that put this into perspective for me)
18. Dedicate more time to blogging and journaling - Documentation is everything
19. Stay organized, not only in my planner but in real life as well
20. Stop being so messy!
21. Love on my pup more <3
22. Stop worrying about the things that I cannot change

No comments