Getting Back Into the Swing of Things (Hopefully)

My last post was a little over two months ago and it was the night before the first day of school. Man, oh man how things have changed and stayed the same since that post. Quick highlight reel:
  • First month and some change of teaching was absolutely horrendous. Nothing I was doing was working and I just couldn't get through to my kids. 
  • Exhaustion has a whole new meaning to me. I don't think I ever truly understood until I worked four 12-hour days back to back. 
  • I love people. And hate people. But what else is new?
  • Believe it or not I am slowly becoming an introvert. I guess spending 8 hours each day with 23 little humans is enough human contact for me. 
  • I am in love with my little humans. They really make my day great and make it horrible. But at the end of the day, I am super duper happy with the relationship and bond that we've formed already.
I could go on and on for days about how my first two months went (stay tuned for related post) as a teacher but that's not why I'm here. 

I'm here because my fingers are flying across this keyboard so fast like they're running to their soldier returning home from the war - dramatic, I know, but hear me out. I have missed this like crazy. I've begun to let some of my passions go because I'm "too busy" or "too tired" or whatever other excuse I can come up with. I need this back in my life. I want this back in my life.

Now... 



via GIPHY

No comments