Day 12: Celebration

Today I finished reading Paper Towns by John Green and all I can say is wow. There has not been a book in years that has made me feel the way that this book did. What was worse about it is that I didn't even know it was ending. There were still pages left after the last chapter but they were just "Acknowledgements." So when I read the last sentence and turned the page, I was literally devastated that there were no more words to read. I am so excited to see the movie when it comes out. I just hope it doesn't ruin the book for me, because movies based off books tend to do that. Okay so no more babbling about books, I know that's not what y'all are here for. I just really needed to dedicate at least one paragraph to John Green and his genius-ness when it comes to writing books.

Today was my roommate Monique's 20th birthday [shoutout to Monique]. At 12 a.m. precisely we bombarded her in her room and sang a horrible rendition of that 50 Cent song. Don't worry, I got it all on my camera. After class today I rushed to the 99 Cent Store to try to find things to decorate her room with. Of course everything was in Italian so I picked up some random things and dashed out so I could beat her and Meghan home. The balloons didn't work at all. I think maybe they're the ones you need helium to blow up because the carbon dioxide that was being released from my lungs didn't do the trick. After I finished reading the magnificent book discussed above and Monique got home and saw her decorations I took a 3 hour nap.

While I was napping, Emily and Monique walked to this restaurant and made a reservation. So once Valeria got home from class we all went and ate. I had this really good dish. It had Pici noodles in it which are literally oversized spaghetti noodles. It was actually really good but I couldn't finish it all. Of course I had gelato right after. We sang Happy Birthday to Monique at the restaurant and got a few extra applause much to her embarrassment. 

We all walked back to the apartment after dinner and sat around and talked. Now we just randomly decided to go out and do a little bit more celebrating. I am really happy with the roommates that I have been put with. We all really get along well and we do pretty much everything together. We have some inside jokes and we get closer and closer every single day. I mean, I've cried in front of them so they've pretty much seen me in all forms. I'm going to miss them once this trip is over but luckily most of them aren't too far away. 

We're headed out now for some more birthday celebrations. Until next time!

Smooches,
The College Natural 

No comments