Project D.R.E.A.M. Body


Ever since I was a little girl, I have always been fairly small [Yes I have thighs but that's just because of my bloodline. Plus I love my thighs]. Recently, that trend of eating whatever I want and not suffering the consequences has come to an extremely devastating halt. Older people always warned me that this day would come, but nevertheless it's still heartbreaking. As predicted, I have put on a few pounds. I have also become pretty lazy and out of shape because "When I'm not at school, I'm working. When I'm not working, I'm at school." Which, by the way, is the dumbest excuse ever.

A couple of weeks ago, I began working out almost every day. I was just doing random workouts with no rigid structure. Luckily, I met this amazing Californian girl named Brittany who gave me the best gift ever while I was in Texas. Kayla Itsine's Bikini Body Guide. I officially started the guide yesterday, and it kicked my out of shape ass. I am limping everywhere today after literally 30 minutes in the gym. However, this pain that I'm feeling doesn't discourage me. It actually motivates me more.

Watching my favorite YouTuber, Marissa Lace, gave me the excellent idea of turning this journey into a "project." For me, it's a creative way to keep me going. When I start a project, whether for work or school, I always finish it. Maybe because it's something to actually finish, but whatever the reason, terming something as a project works magic in my psyche. So without further ado, I would like to introduce you to my Project D.R.E.A.M. Body by first telling you what it means for me:

Definition. I do want to lose weight, but I would love to tone and get some definition in my muscles even more than that. I don't want to look like a man [my shoulders already have that under control] I just want to look and feel and actually be strong!

Revamp. It's time to revamp my idea of a "dream" body. For too long I have associated being skinny with being desirable. I have always wanted a thigh gap and nonexistent anything. However, my body type has another plan for my life and honestly the older I get the more I find those things less attractive for me. Strong is the new skinny in my book.

Energy. I need more of this. I know I do a lot during the day, but surprisingly I usually get to bed at a reasonable hour. No matter how much sleep I get, I continue to be groggy and sleepy all day. I know that has a direct correlation with my lack of a nutritious diet and physical exercise.

Athletic. I played sports up until I graduated high school. First, basketball and then cheerleading. I always prided myself on being able to say that I was an athlete. As soon as I began college, all of my athletic ability was thrown straight out the window. I would love to be able to once again call myself athletic.

Mine. My body is mine. No one can take it away from me. With that being said, I need to treat it like it's mine. I need to care for it like I care about every material thing that's mine. That means living a healthier lifestyle. Once I accept full responsibility of my body and treat it like it should and deserves to be treated, I can regain the confidence that I once had and survive the two flights of steps leading up to work.

I am so excited for Project D.R.E.A.M. Body to take full effect and to see the results! I will be sharing surely embarrassing progress pictures and stories with y'all every step of the way. Wish me luck!

Smooches,
The College Natural

No comments